AILET 2019: All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2019 exam date has been released now. The national level test will be conducted on 5th May 2019. The application forms are supposed to be released online from the 1st week of January with the official notification.
AILET is a national level test conducted annually by the National Law University, Delhi for the admission of prospective law students in the BA LLB (Hons.), LLM and Ph.D. programs.
In this article, you will get all the essential details about the AILET 2019 application form, procedure, eligibility requirement, application fee, pattern, syllabus, admit card and other related details.
AILET Admission 2019
Table of Contents
- 1 AILET Admission 2019
- 1.1 AILET 2019 Exam Important Dates
- 1.2 AILET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.3 AILET 2019 Application Form/Registration Form
- 1.4 Application Fee
- 1.5 AILET 2019 Exam Pattern
- 1.6 AILET 2019 Syllabus
- 1.7 Examination Centers
- 1.8 AILET 2019 Admit Card
- 1.9 AILET 2019 Result
|Examination||All India Law Entrance Test 2019|
|Common name||AILET 2019|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||National level|
|Conducting Authority||National Law University (NLU), Delhi|
|Course offered||BA LLB (Hons.), LLM and Ph.D|
|Date of examination||5th May 2019|
|Offered||Once a year|
|Mode of application||Online mode|
|Mode of examination||Offline mode|
AILET 2019 Exam Important Dates
The tentative dates for AILET 2019 are given below. Final dates will be updated soon.
|The issue of official notification||1st week of January 2019|
|Filling for online application form starts from||1st week of January 2019|
|Last date for filling the online application form||1st week of April 2019|
|Date of availability of admit card||2nd week of April 2019|
|Date of examination||5th May 2019|
|Declaration of result BA LLB (Hons.)||Last week of May 2019|
|Declaration of the result (LLM)||1st week of July 2019|
|Declaration of the result (Ph.D.)||2ndweek of July 2019|
AILET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to check their eligibility before they apply for AILET 2019.
Check the complete eligibility criteria given below-
BA LLB (Hons.)
- Applicants must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks from a recognized Board.
- Appearing candidates in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
- Candidates must have an LLM or equivalent degree with minimum 55% (50% for reserved category candidate) from a recognized university.
- Final year appearing candidates are also eligible
- Candidates must have an LLM or any equivalent Masters degree with minimum 55% (50% for reserved category candidates) from a recognized university.
AILET 2019 Application Form/Registration Form
- The application forms can be filled only through the online mode.
- Application forms will be made available on the official website of NLU. Delhi from the first week of January 2019.
- Candidates must fill the application date within the specified dates.
- Applicants are required to fill all the application completely as incomplete forms will be rejected.
- All the details must be filled accurately and carefully.
- After the final submission of the form candidates can take a printout of the application form for future references.
- The application fee for General category candidates is Rs.3050/- whereas for SC/ST and PWD candidates it will be Rs.1050/-.
- Below Poverty Line, (BPL) candidates belonging to SC/ST category are exempted from the application fee.
- Candidates can submit application forms through online (i.e. credit/debit card or net banking) or offline (i.e. through cash at the post office) mode.
AILET 2019 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for AILET 2019 is as follows-
- The mode of the exam will be an offline
- The questions will be of multiple choice types.
- The total exam duration will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- No of questions will be different for all three courses. There will 150 questions in BA LLB (Hons.) question paper, 100 in LLM and 100 questions will for D.
- The maximum marks for BA LLB (Hons.) paper will be 150.
- 1 mark will be given for every correct answer.
- ¼ marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
BA LLB (Hons.)-
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|English including Comprehension||35|
|General Knowledge (Current Affairs, Geography, Economics, General Science, History, Civics)||35|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10|
AILET 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus will be purely based on the topic of the qualifying exams for each course. Apart from this, candidates also have to practice questions from General Knowledge, English, Elementary mathematics
Check the general topic from each section-
Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Word Usage, Foreign Words/Phrase, Para Jumbles, Inference-based questions, Synonyms, Antonyms
Contracts and Constitutional Law, International Law, Torts, Vicarious Liability, Strict Liability, Law of Crimes, Intellectual Property Rights, Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity
Series, Blood Relations, Directions, Syllogism, Analogy, Critical Reasoning
GK and Current Affairs
International events, Major developments in the areas of sports, geopolitics and important environmental agreements, UN bodies, Current affair, Eminent personalities, Sports, Awards and honors
AILET 2019 can be conducted in the following test cities of India-
Amritsar, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Cuttack, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Delhi, Jaipur, Jammu, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Raipur, and Varanasi.
Any changes in the test cities will be updated.
AILET 2019 Admit Card
- Admit card will be issued only to the registered candidates on the official website of NLU, Delhi.
- No hard card copy of the admit card will be sent to the candidates through post.
- Admit card can be downloaded from the official website by using the login credentials.
- Candidates have to carry a printed copy of the admit card to the examination center. No candidates will be allowed to write the exam without a valid admit card.
AILET 2019 Result
The result will be released separately for every course. The BA LLB (Hons.) result will be declared in the last week of May 2019 and the result for LLM and Ph.D. will be released in the month of July.
Candidates can check the result online by using the valid login details. After the release of the result, qualified candidates will be eligible for counseling and for further admission procedure.
Candidates must be ready with all the required documents at the time of counseling.
Candidates are advised to stay in touch with the official website for all the updates related to AILET 2019. In case of any query related to the exam, they must contact the university immediately. Check the contact details below-
National Law University,
Sector 14, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110078
Phone No.- 011-28034257