Anna University Result: Anna University is one of the popular universities in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is a state technical university that offers various higher education courses in the field of engineering, architecture, technology, and applied sciences. Apart from this university offer research programs and also works for fostering cooperation and collaboration between the academic and industrial communities.
Anna University was established in 1978 as unitary type university. It was formed by the integration of top four technical colleges and institutions of the state. These institutes were-
- Alagappa College of Technology (ACT)
- College of Engineering (CEG)
- Madras Institute of Technology (MIT)
- School of Architecture & Planning (SAP)
The main campus of the university is situated in Guindy, Chennai which extends over 189 acres. Presently, the university has 4 University Department Campuses that include ACT, CEG, MIT, and SAP. University has total 3 regional campuses located at Coimbatore, Madurai and Tirunelveli, 13 constituent colleges and 593 affiliated colleges that include government, government-aided and self-financing colleges.
Anna University Result 2019
Table of Contents
University has about 16007 students enrolled in degree programs in the university departments, 7,21,276 students in affiliated colleges/institutions and around 14023 students in Ph.D. programs.
University offers 29 undergraduate and 90 postgraduate courses in university departments in various disciplines and 41 UG and 57 PG courses in affiliated institutions.
Talking about international and national ranking, University has been ranked 201 in QS World University Rankings for the year 2018. University was ranked 10th in India (overall category) by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) for the year 2018, 4th among universities, 8th among engineering institution ranking and 28th in management ranking.
A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, K.Srikkanth, Nagarjuna, Shiv Nadar, Sujatha Rangarajan etc are some of the notable person and alumni of Anna University.
In this article, readers are going to get complete information about Anna University result and other related details.
An Overview of Anna University
|Article category||University results|
|Courses offered||UG, PG and research programs|
|University type||State Technical University|
|Main campus||Guindy, Chennai|
|Campus Size||185 acres|
|Chancellor||Governor of Tamil Nadu|
|Total courses offered||217 courses (Both UG and PG programs)|
|Mode of registration for admission||Online|
|Declaration of results||Online|
Anna University has following 9 faculties-
- Faculty of Technology
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Information and Communication Engineering
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Faculty of Architecture and Planning
- Faculty of Science and Humanities
All these faculties of the university have various departments under each faculty.
University Entrance Exam
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission is a single window admission process conducted for admission of candidates into various undergraduate courses (BE/B.Tech) in the university and its affiliated colleges.
For admission into postgraduate courses like ME/M. Tech university conducts Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA). To apply for TANCA candidates must have qualified GATE and TANCET exam and should have a valid score card.
Important Details About the Entrance Exam and Admission Procedure
Here we have shared some important details about both the admission procedure for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the university.
- Candidates can apply only through the online mode.
- tnea.ac.in is official website through which candidates can apply.
- Candidates have to fill all the required details accurately in the registration form.
- TNEA online registration forms are generally released in the month of May every year.
- Registration form must be filled before the due dates.
- Admission is offered on the basis of merit of the candidate in class 12th and choices filled by candidates for preferred course and institution.
- Admission will not be offered without the original documents, therefore, candidates are required to verify all the documents at the time of admission.
- Candidates can apply for TANCA only through online mode.
- Online registration forms for TANCA are made available on the official website of the university in the month of July every year.
- Counseling for TANCA is conducted in offline mode. Candidates have to present physically at the counseling venue along with all the required documents.
- Through TANCA seats are offered to the students in more than 300 participating engineering colleges.
Anna University Result 2019
Anna University follows a dual semester system. Exams for first semester students are conducted in January every year.
University exams for even semesters are conducted generally in the month of May-June and for odd semester exams are conducted in November-December.
The result for all the university examination is released generally after few weeks of the commencement of the exam. The result is declared on the official website of the university.
How to check Anna University Results
Anna University declares the result of all the exams that are conducted in the university on its official website. Below we have shared the complete procedure to check the result online.
Have a look….
- Students need to visit the official website of the university first.
- On the homepage of the website, students have to click on the relevant link provided to check the result.
- Now students have to click on the semester and course of which they have to check the result.
- Candidates have to enter the valid registration number, date of birth and other asked details and have to click on “Login” button.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Students can save and take a printout of the result.
Candidates can collect their mark sheets later from the university.
Hope, the information shared in this post was beneficial for you. Students are advised to stay in touch with the university website so that they can get regular details about the exam, result dates, and other related information.
Inside Anna University,
Opp to Gandhi Mandapam,
Sardar Patel Rd, Guindy,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600025
Phone No.- 044-22357264/7265/7244/7295/7296
Fax- 044-22301134 / 22350291