University of Delhi Results- The University of Delhi also known as Delhi University is a premier university of India providing quality education to the students of the nation since 1922. University offers a wide range of Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Ph.D., certificate, diploma courses, and several other programs.
It is one of the sought after university for higher education in India. Every year thousands of students apply for admission but only a few get success in getting admission. It is among the largest institutions of higher education and learning in the world and largest in India.
University of Delhi Results
Table of Contents
Vice President of India serves as the chancellor of DU. It has two main campuses i.e. North Campus and South Campus. Presently, university has 132435 regular students and 261169 students in non-formal education programs. University has 86 academic departments, 16 faculties, 77 colleges and 5 other recognized institutes across the state.
Among the universities of India, Delhi University has the highest count of publications. There are total 240 undergraduate and postgraduate courses available in India. In QS World University Rankings, DU has been ranked 481-490 in the year 2018. It has been also ranked 601-800 in Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2018. In India, National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) has ranked it 14 in 2018.
Here, in this article, you will get complete information about University of Delhi results of the courses offered in the exam.
Delhi University- An Overview
|Article category||University results|
|University||University of Delhi|
|Commonly known as||DU|
|University type||Collegiate Public Central university|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, ACU, AIU, Universitas 21|
|Campuses||Two (North and South Campus)|
|Mode for registration for admission||Online|
|Declaration of results||Online|
Faculties of the University
The University of Delhi’s has 86 academic departments which are divided into following 16 faculties-
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Music and Fine Arts
- Faculty of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities
- Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Interdisciplinary and Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management Studies
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Open Learning (It is concerned with distance education)
University Entrance Exams
Delhi University grants admission to the eligible candidates on the basis of merit as well as Entrance exams.
Entrance Exam based Undergraduate courses-
- BA (Hons.) Business Economics
- BA (Hons.) Multimedia and Mass Communication
- BA (Hons.) Music
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- BA (Financial Investment Analysis)
- BA (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
- BA (Hons.) in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Sc. in Physical Education Health Education & Sports
- Five years integrated program in Journalism.
Merit-based Undergraduate courses-
- BA (Vocational Studies), BA (Hons.), Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) Programme and Advanced Diploma Programme
- A. (Hons.) in History, Geography, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Work, and Sociology.
- A. (Hons.) in Hindi, English, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Spanish, Arabic, Bengali, French, German, Italian, Persian, Philosophy, Psychology, Applied Psychology, and Urdu.
- A. (Hons.) in Hindi Patrakarita, Journalism, B.Voc. in Health Care Management, Web Designing, Advanced Diploma in TV Programme & News Production, Banking Operations, Software Development, Printing Technology, Retail Management & IT.
- Sc Mathematical Sciences, B.Sc (Hons.) in Mathematics, B.Sc (Hons.) in Computer Science, B.Sc (Hons.) in Statistics.
- Sc (Hons.) in Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Electronics, Food Technology, Geology, Home Science, Instrumentation, Microbiology, Polymer Sciences, Anthropology, Bio-Chemistry, Bio-Medical Science, Biological Sciences.
- Com, B.Com (Hons.), B.Sc – Applied sciences
Post Graduate Programs
DU students are granted admission in PG programs on the basis of the merit whereas admission to outside Delhi candidates is offered on the basis of an entrance exam.
The online registration for all UG, PG and M.Phil/ Ph.D. programs starts usually in the month of May every year. Candidates have to register only through the online mode on the official website of the university.
Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) is a university-level test conducted for the admission of eligible candidates in various PG, UG courses in the various affiliated colleges of the university.
University releases the online application forms in the month of May every year. Candidates have to follow the registration and admission procedure for getting admission into the university. DUET exam is conducted in the month of June and result is declared commonly in the month of July followed by counseling in the month of August.
University of Delhi Results
University offers the various course and exam dates of every course differ. There are no fix dates for all the exams that are conducted in the University. Similarly, there is no particular date for the release of the results of the courses offered at the university. Students have to keep a regular watch on the university website for the latest updates.
How to check the result
Here, we have shared the general procedure to download or check the result of various course offered at the University.
- Students firstly have to visit the official website of DU (mentioned above)
- After that candidates have to click on the respective course.
- Students have to enter the valid details to get the result.
- The result may be displayed in the form of individual scorecard or in the form of a PDF.
- Candidates can save the result for future use
DU also has a School of Open Learning that provides distance learning. Students can check DU SOL result by following the given procedure-
- Visit the official website of SOL i.e. sol.du.ac.in.
- Select the relevant course.
- Enter valid details like SOL Roll no, Exam Roll No, year of the exam etc.
- Click on the show.
- Result/scorecard of the students will appear.
- Download the result for future use.
Hope you find the given information useful. For more information keep visiting our site and you can also visit the official website of the University of Delhi.